MBO K8 RS - Rated the fastest folder in the world!
The MBO K8RS combi folding machine has enjoyed excellent sales figures in Europe. It was presented as the world's fastest folding machine as early as the end of 2013. What has happened in the meantime? Thanks to its high production speeds of up to 275 m/min, it is particularly well suited to finishing processes on large print runs. This means customers can profit from a considerably reduced turnaround time for their jobs.
MBO's palletised feeder is equipped with the Vaculift RS feeder head
The European market in particular showed great interest in this high-tech machine with a high level of automation. Installations can be found for in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and the Czech Republic, as well as in the USA. A quarter of all the machines were sold with the A10 log stacker delivery system.
- The MBO K8RS has a comprehensive range of standard equipment, ensuring the best possible usability. It is always supplied with a palletised feeder. Unlike flat and continuous feeders, palletised feeders have the significant advantage that the printed sheets from the folding machine can be conveyed very quickly by pallet.
- Customers can choose between four and six buckle plates in the parallel fold, and between the Super-KTL, Super-KTLT and Super-KTZ configurations. The standard equipment includes the latest M1 control technology, including touchscreen. This simplifies the intuitive setup of the machine.
- The palletised feeder is equipped with the Vaculift RS feeder head and Vivas. Vivas is used to improve the sheet infeed and the sheet alignment with challenging materials and at high production speeds.
- With the K8RS, customers can choose between buckle plates with swing deflectors or combination buckle plates.
- Virotec fold rollers are included as standard, as is the ergonomic, patented slitter shaft cassette in the parallel fold. The latter means that the slitter shafts are user-friendly and can be equipped by just one person, and the tools can be adjusted quickly and accurately.
- For improved accessibility, the knife folding area at the cross fold can be swung up. The knife folding area at the three fold is retractable.
- The K8RS is also factory-fitted with a router that permits connection to the MBO remote maintenance software, RAS.
To ensure fault-free production even at the high speeds of up to 275 m/min (902 fpm), the entire machine is equipped with intelligent sheet monitoring. Blank sheets and/or faulty sheets are detected via optional cameras and removed by the ejection device included as standard. Other options include the pre-slitter shafts and pneumatic gatefold plates. The MBO K8RS can be automated as an option. The automation package includes the settings for the buckle plates, fold rollers, sheet deflectors and slitter shafts as well as the length of the folding knife in the cross fold and the sheet stop in the cross fold and three fold.
The K8RS occupies the top position in MBO’s product range for combination folding machines in the 70 x 100 cm (27" x 40") size range. It has the most comprehensive standard configuration and offers the greatest level of automation options. Alongside the K8RS there is the K70 manual entry-level model as well as the NEW automatable and therefore easy to operate K80 combi folding machine.