MBO Group’s new Datamanager 4.0 is a software package that is designed to manage and analyse the folding, delivery and digital processes of the respective machines that they manufacture and supply. It supports machine operations with Navigator Control and also new M1 controls. Datamanager 4.0 can also be integrated into MIS-Systems from third parties.
Screen shot of MBO's NEW Datamanager
Users who would benefit from the new system are many and varied, and include the following:
Small book binders: they would use Datamanager primarily for verification management. It is generally one of the requirements in the pharmaceutical industry. The focus here is on the long-term storage of jobs and production data.
Medium-sized book binders/print shops: these book binders plan their machine assignments via the relevant planning boards, but are not using a MIS system, or are using just a very simple one (no communication with other systems).
Industrial large-scale book binders/print shops: complete production control and planning via a MIS system is implemented here. Some changes are still performed by hand in the departments for optimisation.
Benefits and added value provided by the Datamanager 4.0 system include the automating of production and associated increases in quality and throughput. Based on the information it receives, the main functions covered by the system include the following procedures and support activities:
- Work preparation
- Pre-setting of the machines (product-dependent)
- Target figures for production (for signatures in orders)
- Product description (original format AF -> end format EF)
- Configuring the machinery
- Knowledge of the units at the customer's site and their individual options and potential combinations
- Feedback from the machine and storage of production settings in a template (production schematic)
- Automatic generation of the templates in accordance with the production description
- Machine factory settings
- in-line support